Black Bean Enchiladas are a favorite around here. Quick to throw together, most of the time spent on this recipe is in the oven. It’s a great week night meal after a long day at work.
This recipe includes black beans, jalapeno, garlic, spices, cheese, and your favorite enchilada sauce.
Looking for a low carb option? Try this modified version with mushrooms and spinach!
Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 – 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- A few shakes of cumin
- A few shakes of oregano
- Onion powder to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of Enchilada Sauce
- 7-8 tortillas
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Optional: add mushrooms, spinach, or other veggies
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spread a few spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add the black beans, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, oregano, onion powder, and black pepper to a large bowl and mix well.
- Fill each tortilla with the mixture and a small amount of cheese. Roll the tortillas and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and evenly spread the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 min. Uncover and bake for an additional 10. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- If you prefer your enchiladas less spicy, use a mild enchilada sauce and less jalapeno
- Throw in some veggies like spinach or mushrooms
All photos in this post were taken by cookingbylt. To see more food ideas, follow me on Instagram.
One thought on “Black Bean Enchiladas”