Black Bean Enchiladas are a favorite around here. Quick to throw together, most of the time spent on this recipe is in the oven. It’s a great week night meal after a long day at work.
This recipe includes black beans, jalapeno, garlic, spices, cheese, and your favorite enchilada sauce.
Looking for a low carb option? Try this modified version with mushrooms and spinach!
Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 – 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- A few shakes of cumin
- A few shakes of oregano
- Onion powder to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of Enchilada Sauce
- 7-8 tortillas
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Optional: add mushrooms, spinach, or other veggies
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spread a few spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add the black beans, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, oregano, onion powder, and black pepper to a large bowl and mix well.
- Fill each tortilla with the mixture and a small amount of cheese. Roll the tortillas and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and evenly spread the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 min. Uncover and bake for an additional 10. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- If you prefer your enchiladas less spicy, use a mild enchilada sauce and less jalapeno
- Throw in some veggies like spinach or mushrooms
All photos in this post were taken by cookingbylt. To see more food ideas, follow me on Instagram.