Coleslaw is quick and easy to throw together, making it a great side for a BBQ. Finding the perfect coleslaw dressing? Not so easy. It takes time to find the right amount of tanginess and flavor.
The lemon and vinegar in this recipe give it that zing without being overpowering, while the celery salt and garlic powder give it a unique flavor. This coleslaw dressing is tough to beat!
What does coleslaw go well with? Pulled pork, brisket, ribs, and meat and veggie skewers to name a few. Basically, it pairs well with any type of BBQ.
Coleslaw Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice from 1/2 of a small lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, pour into jar or other sealed container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- Mix over shredded cabbage
Tips for Making Coleslaw Dressing
- If you like your coleslaw dressing on the sweet side, following this recipe exactly may not be for you. For a sweeter dressing mix in sugar, 1/2 tsp at a time, to taste.
- The more time in the refrigerator, the better. I like to make mine in the morning so it gets at least a solid 8 hours in the fridge.
All photos in this post were taken by cookingbylt. To see more food ideas, follow me on Instagram.