My creamy pork chops have evolved over the years. I’ve cooked them with and without mushrooms, added spinach, used white wine, and tried plenty of other variations.
While it’s nice to change up the flavor by adding/removing ingredients, the recipe described below is a scrumptious base. Recently I began to add a small amount of Worcestershire which adds a layer of spice and tanginess.
Creamy pork chops are a go to for an easy meal with quick cleanup. You’re missing out until you give them a try.
Creamy Pork Chops Recipe
Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops pair well with many sides such as salads, roasted brussels sprouts, zucchini. The creamy sauce is also great over noodles or rice. This recipe is meant for two, but is easy to double if serving for more.
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 5-6 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp worcestershire
- Black pepper to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp avocado oil in a skillet on medium-high
- Sear the pork chops 4-5 min on each side, then set aside
- Reduce heat to medium and add 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Saute mushrooms until tender stirring occasionally (about 5-6 minutes). Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute
- Add the water, black pepper, and onion powder, then bring to a simmer. Pour in the heavy cream and Worcestershire. Stir well.
- Place the pork chops back into the skillet and pour a few spoonfuls of the sauce over each. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and slowly simmer for 10 min.
- Uncover and pour a few spoonfuls of the sauce over the pork chops. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
All photos in this post were taken by cookingbylt. To see more food ideas, follow me on Instagram.