Creamy Salsa Chicken came to light when my husband first tried Keto a few years ago. It’s creamy, flavorful, spicy, and is low carb. This Creamy Salsa Chicken recipe makes enough for two. Double or even triple the recipe if cooking for more.
Ingredients include: sour cream, salsa, jalapeno, cheese, garlic, onion, and seasonings. It’s a fit for a low carb or normal diet and is great served over either rice or cauliflower rice.
Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 jalapeno, 1/2 sliced and 1/2 diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- A few shakes of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium – high. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken and add to the skillet. Brown the chicken and set aside in a baking dish
- In a bowl combine the sour cream, salsa, garlic, onion, tomato, diced jalapeno, 1/2 of the cheese, cumin, and oregano
- Pour the mixture over the chicken. Top with the remaining cheese and jalapeno slices
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 min. Remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 min until bubbly
All photos in this post were taken by cookingbylt. To see more food ideas, follow me on Instagram.