If you’re looking for a satisfying sauce to serve over your pasta, look no farther. This sauce is easily recognized by its vibrant orange color and creamy texture. A crowd-pleaser at restaurants, it’s even better homemade!
Homemade Vodka Sauce Recipe
This recipe makes more than enough for two, so plan to have a little leftover. That being said, don’t be ashamed if you scrape all of the creamy, delicious sauce out of the pan between two of you – my husband and I certainly have!
- 2 tbsp olive oil (can use butter instead or half butter/half oil)
- 1 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp onion, diced
- 1/2 tbsp hot pepper flakes (add or remove in small increments to increase or decrease spice)
- A few leaves of fresh basil, shredded
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan
- Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then, add garlic and simmer another minute or two
- Add the vodka sauce and stir. Simmer for about 7 minutes
- Add the crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, pepper, chili pepper flakes, and basil. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for another 10 minutes
When it comes to serving vodka sauce, it’s typically served over penne (aka Penne alla Vodka), however, it’s great over other pasta types and gnocchi. Pick your favorite pasta, dish up, top with parmesan, and enjoy!
All photos in this post were taken by cookingbylt. To see more food ideas, follow me on Instagram.
3 thoughts on “Homemade Vodka Sauce”