These low carb veggie enchiladas really hit the spot. There are about 20 carbs per enchilada if using regular tortillas. If you’re using keto tortillas, they’re only about 7 carbs. Keep in mind that carb count may vary depending on the tortillas and enchilada sauce that you use.
Ingredients include mushrooms, spinach, garlic, spices, cheese, and enchilada sauce.
If you’re looking for a heartier version, try these black bean enchiladas!
Veggie Enchilada Recipe
- 6-8 mushrooms (depending on size)
- 6 oz of spinach (typically use fresh, but frozen works in a pinch)
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- A few shakes of cumin
- A few shakes of oregano
- Onion powder to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of Enchilada Sauce
- 4 tortillas
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spread a few spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce at the bottom of a baking dish.
- In separate pans, saute the mushrooms and spinach. Set the spinach aside and place the mushrooms in a bowl.
- Add the jalapeno, garlic, cumin, oregano, onion powder, and black pepper to the bowl with the mushrooms and mix well.
- Fill each tortilla with spinach, the mushroom mixture, and a small amount of cheese. Roll the tortillas and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and evenly spread the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 min. Uncover and bake for an additional 10. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
All photos in this post were taken by cookingbylt. To see more food ideas, follow me on Instagram.